Via our friends at the NGMA…
On March 22, 2010, the Office of Management and Budget released a memorandum outlining updated guidance on the Recovery Act.
- Highlights the steps Federal agencies must take to review data quality of recipient reports during the new “Continuous Corrections” period initiated by the RATB in January 2010.
- Introduces a new category of data quality issues to be identified and tracked by Federal Agencies, “Administrative/Technical,” and provides specific instructions on preventing such issues from occurring.
- Clarifies the process by which Federal agencies obtain OMB approval of proposed program-specific guidance related to recipient reporting.
- Memorializes and extends the current process in place for Federal agencies to provide a master, detailed list of Recovery Act awards to the RATB and OMB.
- Clarifies miscellaneous issues for recipients, such as when a recipient should categorize a Section 1512 report as “final.”
- Instructs Federal agencies to take immediate action, as appropriate, to review and act on Single Audit findings.
- Reminds Federal agencies of applicable requirements and flexibilities for States to recover administrative costs and establishes a requirement to update OMB on efforts taken in this area.
The Memorandum can be accessed using the following link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/assets/memoranda_2010/m10-14.pdf.