TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Senior Java Developer, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance is required for this position.
TCG was preparing for a pandemic long before it became a reality. This prompted us to work with our customers to establish telecommuting arrangements before state and local governments began issuing orders to stay at home. Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. Applicants must reside within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
- Experience with Java/J2EE and Java-based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience developing with RESTful web services
- Solid understanding of HTML 5, CSS, and JSP markup, including JSP tag libraries
- PostgreSQL and relational database design
- Use case design and realization
- Demonstrated success in leading technical teams in an Agile Scrum development methodology
- Demonstrated success in working with team members, including senior architects, analysts, and the project manager, to design and estimate system implementation timelines and costs
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in all written communication
- Speaks well and clearly
- Experience with Linux, including familiarity with basic system administration tasks
- Experience with configuration management using continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.