TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Senior Software Developer, who currently lives in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to join our development team at a major Federal agency. This position is primarily a telecommuting position.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
- Participate in the day-to-day development activities of a fast-paced development team using Agile Scrum
- Contribute to project, release, and sprint planning activities as part of the project team
- Proactively take ownership of design, specification, and estimation of technical solutions by building consensus on the right approach
- Work closely with the Business Analyst and Quality Assurance teams
- Work closely with the Infrastructure/DevOps team to support environment maintenance, security, performance, and deployment activities
- When needed, serve as a primary client interface to understand their needs and answer their questions
- Investigate and triage Production issues
- Develop both a broad and deep understanding of existing application code and architecture.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software development
- Significant expertise in developing with RESTful web services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Significant expertise with Angular and Node
- Significant expertise with SQL and relational database design
- Experience developing in Java/J2EE
- Experience with configuration management using continuous integration and continuous deployment processes (e.g. Git, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Demonstrated success in implementing software development best practices
- Demonstrated success working alongside project managers and other team leads in a client-facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux, including familiarity with basic system administration tasks
- Significant expertise with Java/J2EE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.