TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Network Systems Engineer, who resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team on a high-profile project at a Federal agency. In this role you will work with our government client to develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
This position may start as a full-time telecommuting position. It will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Develop, implement, and manage project-level solution engineering services
- Engineer network solutions
- Design and implement cloud service models: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Provide operations-oriented solutions that encompass all layers of the technical solution — Infrastructure, Data, Application, and Interface
- Identify opportunities to leverage and incorporate cloud solutions, specifically AWS
- Perform functional and technical integration during software development, including functional integration and business orchestration
- Identify data requirements, prepare data models, and create data views as necessary to support development and validation activities.
- Ensure detailed system-level configuration management, tracking of changes, and project releases and reporting
- Provide expertise in the analysis and elaboration of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure requirements traceability between business needs and technical implementation
- Assess solutions to ensure they meet project requirements related to accessibility, auditability, availability, capacity, data integrity and retention, scalability and extensibility, maintainability, performance/response times, platform compatibility, reliability, security and privacy, and usability.
- Eight (8) years of experience as Network Engineer
- Experience in network design and architecture
- Experience working with both On-Premise and Cloud Environments.
- Certification in at least one Cloud environment: AWS or Azure
- Certifications in at least one Operating System: Windows, Linux, Unix, RedHat etc
- Experience with network implementation, security and cybersecurity, reliability and modernization
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network architecture
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Expertise in requirements gathering and elaboration
- Expertise in system monitoring and configuration management
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or related preferred)
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.