TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Developer, who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team.
This position requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required.
This position may start as a full-time telecommuting position. It will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience using core Java and J2EE
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience and knowledge of Restful API
- Working experience with GIT or other version control tools
- Experience working with Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow
- Experience/Knowledge of Container-based API tools such as Docker
- The ability to work efficiently using Linux command-line tools
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, to include queries of moderate complexity and stored procedures
- The ability to administer and tune Apache Tomcat & httpd
- Experience with the installation, integration & support of COTS and open source products
- A general understanding of X.509 certificates and PKI
- The ability to work with developers in other organizations to assist with integration with the client’s system
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- The ability to design load and stress tests of web applications and to analyze results
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, and creativity
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with Shibboleth, Apereo CAS, and other identity management products
- An understanding of Federal PKI standards
- An understanding of Containers and converting web applications to a containerized format
- Experience with distributed caches and/or distributed NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Knowledge of RHEL 7
- Experience identifying and evaluating COTS products
- Experience contributing to open-source projects, particularly on Subversion
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field; three to five years experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.