One of the big benefits of the Excellence.Gov Awards program for nominees and the rest of us is the panel presentation for the top 5 awardees. At this session, the ‘best of the best’ talk about how their award-winning program came to be, what worked, what didn’t work, and how those lessons learned could be applied elsewhere. This year the panel presentation is on March 20 at 8am at the GSA Auditorium in Washington, DC. Come join us! Details are below. We’ve got some great programs and speakers this year, with lots of outstanding information. And we have Dick Burk, Chief Architect at OMB, moderating!
2007 Excellence.Gov Winners Presentation Breakfast 3/20/07 – Moderated by Dick Burk of OMB — Registration now open!
The 2007 Winners Presentation and breakfast, co-hosted with NCC-AIIM, will take place Tuesday, March 20, 2007, from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. at the GSA Auditorium, 1800 F. St., NW Washington, DC 20405. Meet the five Excellence.Gov winners and hear presentations about their award winning programs and lessons learned. We are honored to have Dick Burk with the Office of Management and Budget to moderate the presentations.
- Industry Registration is available at www.actgov.org/EventsRegistration for a fee of $35.
- Government Registration is available at www.actgov.org/OpenRegistration.
“Top 5” Excellence.Gov Award Winners for 2007 (alphabetically by program name):
- Disaster Management E‑Gov Initiative, Department of Homeland Security — Disaster Management is a communications program of the Department of Homeland Security’s Office for Interoperability and Compatibility. Managed by the Science and Technology Directorate, DM is improving emergency response and recovery by developing tools and messaging standards that help practitioners manage incidents and securely exchange information in real time.
Presentation by: Chip Hines, PMP, Program Manager, Disaster Management e‑Gov Initiative
- E‑Rulemaking Docket Management System, Environmental Protection Agency — This system provides citizens with one-stop access to find, view, download and comment on all proposed Federal regulations and non-rulemaking actions and provides Federal Agencies with a secure, robust, and scalable document repository to manage rulemaking and non-rulemaking dockets and documents. 19 Federal Departments and Agencies — comprising more than 70 agencies, bureaus, offices, and commissions — have implemented the system as of January 2007.
- Justice Information System (JUSTIS), The Criminal Justice Coordinating Council, Government of the District of Columbia (CJCC) — JUSTIS is an integrated, secured, Web-based application that fosters interagency data sharing on criminal activity. Built on a Service Oriented Architecture framework, JUSTIS provides efficient information sharing and data exchange capabilities between the federal and local criminal and juvenile justice entities including the courts in the District of Columbia. The solution also provides notifications in the form of email and text messages sent to subscribed parties when specific events occur that may have an effect on the business operations of the participating agencies.
Presentation by: Nancy Weir, Executive Director, District of Columbia Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- Knowledge Services Network (KSN), Federal Aviation Administration – KSN provides cost-effective, secure Internet-based “virtual office” and collaboration capabilities. KSN’s more than 22,000 members across the FAA, other agencies, and stakeholders are streamlining aviation rulemaking, contract management, COOP and strategic planning, incident management, and more.
Presentation by: Melvin Brown II, PMP, KSN Program Manager, Federal Aviation Administration
- My HealtheVet, Veterans Health Administration – My HealtheVet is a Web-based application that creates an online environment where veterans, family, and clinicians may come together to optimize veterans’ health care. Web technology combines essential health record information enhanced by online health resources to enable and encourage patient/clinician collaboration through a Personal Health Record.
Presentation by: Ginger Price, My HealtheVet Strategic Program Office Director, Department of Veterans Affairs
Should you have any questions or trouble registering please contact Will Balch with ACT/IAC at email@example.com or 703–208-4800 ext. 222.