TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Windows System Engineer to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Performs analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of systems for information applications by applying software, hardware, and standard information technology skills.
- Support Windows Servers and SQL scripting and automating the server build process
- Evaluates and recommends applications and methodologies that can be used or adapted to provide IT solutions.
- Two (2) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Experience with SQL scripting
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Nutanix AHV).
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef).
- Experience scripting (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.